By Nicola Santini - bon ton and etiquette expert, author of NON LO FACCIO PIU’
All colours of a summer in white
In an atmosphere of uncertainty, we must have fundamentals points. The white t-shirt is one of them. Democratic, evergreen, ideal at all hours of the day. And if necessary unisex.
Andy Wahrol could not live without it, in the perfect mix with blue jeans and blue blazer, a solution that over time has gone through all the icons of style: from Elle Mc Pherson to Jacky 'O, from Ines de la Fressange to Belen Rodriguez, no one gave up on the charm of the simplicity of a garment so difficult to find, so easy to wear.
Perfect with a long skirt as well as with a pair of hot pants, under a jacket or with a baroque necklace, here are the trends for this summer where the basic garment becomes the never without.
- With long, high-waisted trousers. The important thing is to choose it comfortable and in soft fabric. The final effect will be light, embellished and brought up to date by a belt in floral-themed fabric or in shock colours.
- Oversize with high leather belt. It becomes a very easy dress to customize. With a large leather belt and, why not, a panama on the head. For the feet you go to the extreme: boots, even off-season, or very low sandals.
- Very short under a jacket. But it is also good for lightening and downplaying the office suit when times go on until happy hour. A coloured necklace and funny shoes are enough to make the change of look.
- Very short, with a long skirt. The harmony of contrasts. The absolute simplicity and the reduced sizes above, the slightly gipsy softness of a multicolour skirt, to match with sneakers.
- Romantic, between flowers and denim. The ideal garment when entering and leaving places where the air conditioning inside and the infernal heat outside annoy us with the temperature range. A denim shirt, open with a knot at the waist, replaces the jacket. The skirt, the trousers, flowery shorts with a raffia bag, complete the look and give that dreamy touch.