By Nicola Santini - bon ton and etiquette expert, author of NON LO FACCIO PIU’
Black Friday: 5 basic items you can’t miss
Within the appointments scheduled for November, this is the perfect one for those who look for special deals.
Among the American traditions that we imported, black friday has now entered our agendas without obstacles as one of the favourite events of shopping lovers.
You can save money, you can indulge in a few whims linked to the current must-haves, you can already think about Christmas gifts but you can also think of some timeless pieces to invest in something destined to overcome seasons and current trends. Here is a selection of new basics for her and him to keep under control.
1) Gray sweatshirt with zip and hood. It fits everything, it fits everyone. In the sporty version or in double cashmere, on jeans but also with a shirt underneath and straight and formal trousers for him, or on a very short or long skirt for her.
2) Black chino trousers. Now more than ever, because never before have we been so in search of items that were halfway between the rigor of a tailored piece and the relaxation of a pair of jeans. Perfect for smartworking but also for walks granted by the curfew. And anyway for all kinds, sizes, wallets.
3) Black mock turtleneck. Under the jacket, without the jacket. Who can do without it? It's fine as home outfit, in the city or in the countryside, at work or on a first date. And for those who already have one, let it be add to the others because that one is not enough.
4) Urban bomber. In technical fabric that goes both over the jacket or with soft golf and trousers. It is the top-piece that is worth having, for the rain, for the cold, for the Vespa too. But also for fashion.
5) Light blue Oxford shirt. For him, everyday, for her, when she wants to dress à la garçonne and forget about it. In a botton-down version for the weekend, with an Italian-style collar on other days. And the more you have, the more you buy. They never pass.